If you love outdoor or indoor grilling, then you absolutely must consider investing in the best charcoal outdoor grills that will do the job. Not only will the resulting dishes taste far more professional, but you will also have to put in less effort.
When you are buying a charcoal grill, you must focus more on quality rather than the price. More and more people are becoming interested in grilling nowadays which has led to a rise in the demand for charcoal grills on the market. More and more companies are trying to capitalize on it, and are coming out with new models every day.
If you are trying to research your way through charcoal grills, you will be overwhelmed because there are so many brands and models to check out. You can go for the small grills that will get you through a picnic or you can choose a big charcoal grill that will serve multiple purposes at the same time. Moreover, the range covers a lot of different budgets which means that you will definitely get a good charcoal grill at the price point you want.
Having a charcoal grill handy will make your daily cooking easier, but the actual mastership lies in its ability to cook food with extreme flavor. You can control your adjustable charcoal grill any way you want to cook your dish of the day.
- Where Is the Best Place to Buy a Grill?
- The Best Products on the Market:
- 1# Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
- 2# Cuisinart CCG-190RB Portable Charcoal Grill, 14-Inch
- 3# Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill
- 4# PK Grills Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo
- 5# Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
- 6# Broil King 911470 Keg 5000 Charcoal Barbecue Grill
- 7# Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
- 8# Kingsford GR1031-014984 Barrel Charcoal Grill
- What Should I Look for Before Buying?
Where Is the Best Place to Buy a Grill?
If you want to buy a charcoal grill, then there are a lot of stores that you can check out. Most physical stores keep a huge variety of grills. However, the best option is to visit online stores like Amazon which will let you filter and sort your choices according to your needs. Moreover, you can avail fantastic discounts and even get free shipping above a certain price.
Read Also: How to Choose a Camp Lantern
The Best Products on the Market:
Now that you all the parameters to check when shopping for a charcoal grill, it is time that you look at some of the best models that you can currently get your hands on. We have picked some of the best options just for you so that you can have a relaxed shopping experience.
1# Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
Weber makes some of the best top-rated charcoal grill smokers in the market, and this model is no exception.
- The grill comes with a one-touch cleaning system that will reduce your work when you are trying to make your grill squeaky clean again. When you rotate the handle, you will find that the three blades in the bowl transport the ash through the vents into the ash catcher which then releases the ash and cleans your grill. The ash catcher is designed in such a way that there is no spreading of the ash during the expulsion.
- The model comes with a one-touch arrangement. This 22.5-inch Silver pot grill has a cooking grate made of steel that is 22-1/2 crawls in breadth which offers 363 square creeps of cooking space. The aluminized steel framework will make the grill durable.
2# Cuisinart CCG-190RB Portable Charcoal Grill, 14-Inch
If you are looking for a portable charcoal grill for outdoor grilling, then this product will be ideal for you in more ways than one. While it resembles a traditional grilling machine, it comes equipped with modern features that will make your experience much better.
- This charcoal grill has been designed in a way that it is portable which means that you will be able to carry it to picnics. The shape of the model is that of a traditional saucer-shaped grill, but the size is what will attract your attention. The grill owes its compactness to the 14″ diameter of the grilling space. However, you have nothing to worry about because you will get more than 150 square inches of cooking space which should be more than enough.
- The grilling surface is plated with chrome to prevent early rusting of the grill. Moreover, the firebox is coated with enamel so that rust cannot hamper the working of your machine.
- This product comes with an ash catcher that has a dual venting system. You will be able to control the temperature easily when cooking.
3# Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill
If you are looking for an old-school backyard hibachi grill, then you cannot go wrong with this particular product. The Lodge Sportsman grill is one of the best outdoor barbecue grill available in the market because of its portability. It is also special because it combines simplicity with power.
- Made with the heavy cast iron, the grill is durable and will last through all the parties that you host. This rugged grill can be carried in a bag all across the country if that is what you want.
- You will get a grill surface of 17¼ x 9 units which will be enough to cook your favorite dishes.
- The grill comes with two adjustable heights temper cooking speed which will let you be in complete control of the process. You do not want to compromise in this regard, or the taste of the food will suffer.
- There is a draft door which will let you control the passage of heat. You can even access the coals that are put behind the flip-down door.
- The model comes with a Lodge Sportsman soft-shell grill cover that you can buy separately.
4# PK Grills Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo
The one brand that you cannot go wrong with when it comes to charcoal grillers is PK. They have been ruling the market since forever, and they show no inclination of giving up the top spot. This retro charcoal grill has been designed to be sturdy but effective. The semi-pneumatic rubber wheels are a great addition as they make it portable on different surfaces. This aluminum charcoal grill from PK is worth your money.
- This product is one of the best charcoal grills with smoker. The unique capsule shape allows for four vents that will let you control the grilling process as you like.
- The product is created from aluminum to make it rust-proof and durable. It is also lightweight at the same time and can conduct heat at least four times as efficiently as steel grills.
- PK has confidence in their own products which is why this charcoal grill has a warranty of ten years against rust, burnout and even breakage.
- The machine is portable and can be carried on trips easily.
- This model offers 300 square inches of cooking surface which means that you will be able to cook whatever you want.
- It comes with dampers and side-bottom trays.
5# Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
There is no doubt that Weber makes a few of the best charcoal outdoor grills that you can ever get. Their Performer range, especially, is one to die for.
- The product comes with a 22-inch porcelain bowl that is coated with enamel for extra protection. There is also a lid provided along with the grill.
- The wide cooking area of 363 square inches will give you enough space to cook your favorite dishes without any additional hassle.
- The Touch-N-Go gas ignition system will make operating the charcoal grill much easier. You can start the machine by simply pressing on some buttons.
- If you are someone who does not like the process of cleaning out a grill, then you will love the aluminized steel one-touch cleaning system that comes with this product. The aluminum ash catcher has a high capacity and can be removed for cleaning out.
- You will get a removable LCD cook timer with this grill so you can track the cooking while the built-in lid thermometer will help you keep an eye on the temperature.
6# Broil King 911470 Keg 5000 Charcoal Barbecue Grill
This metal grill is one of the best charcoal grills available in the market. Built with some innovative features, the design of the product has been conceived with a lot of care. Not only can it withstand high temperatures, but it will also be very easy to set up. It is definitely one of the best ceramic grills that you can get your hands on.
- The 280 sq. in. primary cooking surface will give you enough space to cook all kinds of meat. The 200 sq. inch secondary cooking surface is a bonus which means you will get a total of 480 sq. inch cooking space.
- The insulated steel design will make sure that you do not use a lot of charcoal. It will even retain some of the heat and moisture.
- The reversible cast iron cooking grid is sturdy while the secondary cooking surface with its chrome plated steel grid will give you better access to the primary grid.
- This product comes with two removable side shelves.
- It has a wheeled base that makes it a good outdoor option.
- You can control the airflow with the help of the root-draft damper system giving you a chance to do smoking and high-temperature grilling.
- The pull-out ash tray will make cleaning hassle-free.
7# Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
This grill-cum smoker is a great option for beginners who want to try the kamado style of cooking. Cook your meat to perfection with this amazing grill.
- The model gives you 314 square inches of primary cooking space which is enough to cook all kinds of meat. The warming rack provides another 133 square inches which mean that you get 447 square inches in total.
- The insulated design of the model will ensure that the grill does not use up a lot of charcoal while producing heat. The controlled airflow will cook your meat better.
- It has folding side shelves.
- The cooking surface has been carefully made with cast iron while the body is carved out of 22 gauge steel.
- While the exterior finish of the grill is powder coated steel, the interior is coated with porcelain instead.
- The damper has been numbered so you can understand the position of the damper with just one look.
- The locking lid will make sure that your meat is not exposed to outside elements.
- It comes with a dump ash pan which makes cleaning much easier.
8# Kingsford GR1031-014984 Barrel Charcoal Grill
If your main priority in a charcoal grill is the amount of cooking space it offers, then you cannot go wrong with this particular product. The model offers 793 square inches of cooking space which means that you will be able to cook multiple items at once.
This heavy-duty grill is strong and sturdy, which means that it will last you through many picnics.
- This charcoal grill stands out because of its solid extended steel construction that will last you for ages.
- The generous cooking surface is an added bonus which means that you never have to adjust when cooking.
- The warming rack allows you to cook a variety of foods.
- It comes with an excellent thermometer that will let you track the cooking temperatures. The accuracy and convenience make it a huge plus.
What Should I Look for Before Buying?
In case you are wondering how you should shortlist the best backyard grill charcoal, these are the parameters you should be taking into consideration.
There is no doubt that the size and measure of the grill you will be purchasing is are very important. Not only will it dictate the cost, but it will also determine how much you will be able to cook at a go. You should count the number of square creeps present on the essential cooking surface to understand the capacity of the cooking grill. If the product comes with a removable warming rack, then you have nothing to complain about. However, the cooking grate is what gives the most accurate measurement.
Associating price with quality is not a mistake that you want to make because sometimes companies can create masterpieces at very affordable prices. Think of the cheap Weber grills which are effective and durable at the same time. If you are running on a budget, then you have nothing to worry about because the market takes your needs into consideration. You will be able to get some of the best charcoal grills on the market rather inexpensively.
When you are using a charcoal grill, you must figure out the kind of fuel you want. This completely depends on your personal preference, and you do not have to think for a minute that you have to compromise. Right now, the six most common types of fuel that are used in grilling machines are charcoal, logs, wood pellets, gas or electric. When choosing the barbecue grill, you must also think about the amount of heat that you want the apparatus to produce. A heavy duty charcoal grill is better off with charcoal or gas as fuel.
4- Head Space:
In cooking, there are no restrictions imposed on you. Ideally, your charcoal grill should provide you with enough space to cook whatever you want without having to worry about fitting the meat in the machine. If you love turkey and cook it frequently, then you will need a grill that has a minimum of 12″ head space separating the cooking grate and within the top.
5- Temperature Control:
You should be in complete charge no matter where or what you are grilling. The best charcoal grill machines offer temperature control that will let you adjust the heat according to your need for the day. If you are not able to play with the temperature, then you will severely be restricted. Charcoal grills need tight covers and dampers which will let you increase or decrease the available to oxygen to the fire, and hence regulate the heat reaching your food.
A smoking component can improve your grilling experience a lot more than you can imagine. When buying a grill, you should always check if it comes with a smoker. If you have one of the best charcoal grill smokers on the market, then you will not have to spend any money on a different independent smoker.
The key to smoking perfectly is being able to regulate the wind stream as and when you need to. Charcoal grills are great at offering smoking facilities because they make it easier for you to control the wind current with the help of a tight top.
7- Amount of heat:
Different food items require different amounts of heat in order to be cooked to perfection. If you are a fan of red meat and like to make steaks often, then you should consider a charcoal grill instead of a gas grill. The former is known to cook steaks effortlessly because it can produce and withstand a higher amount of heat. Gas grills, on the other hand, find it difficult even to reach that temperature. If you want to make no compromises when cooking your meet, then for a charcoal grill.
8- Warranty and Support:
While this might seem really boring and quite irrelevant when you are newly purchasing the grill, you should not ignore these details. You must make sure that the charcoal grill you buy comes with a good warranty offer and excellent customer service. If a company truly believes in its products, then you will notice that they do not hesitate to talk about warranty. A good grill should ideally have a warranty of minimum five to ten years. Check if you have been given all the necessary contact details and manuals before you make the final payment.
Safety is a major issue that you must take into account if you like to grill on your home without any guidance. Not only should you ensure that your house has all the necessary safety equipment, but you should also check the grill for effective safety features. Unless you find conclusive assurance from the company that a grill is safe to use, you should not invest in it.
The quality of a grill can often be determined by the kind of thermometer it has. While most companies use bimetal dials as thermometers on grills because of their affordability, they do not give the most accurate results. You should either look for a charcoal grill that has a thermometer of better quality, or one that will let you replace the cheap one for a good alternative.
A charcoal grill that combines most of these features will be a great addition to your arsenal.
+ Best Charcoal Grill Under $100
- Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill
- Cuisinart CCG-190RB Portable Charcoal Grill
- Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
+ Best Charcoal Grill Under $200
+ Best Charcoal Grill Under $300
+ Best Charcoal Grill Under $400
+ Best Charcoal Grill Under $1000
There are a good number of choices when it comes to getting a charcoal grill. This guide helps you chalk everything out. We took a look at all the things that you need to look at while buying the right charcoal grill for you, as well as the top models you can buy today. Which one are you going to buy anyway? Let us know in the comments below!